Frequently Asked Questions
My flight arrives after midnight - is that too late to arrive at Dar's Inn?
No problem at all! You will be provided with your own personal door code so you can come and go as you please. We’ll ask you the day before you arrive what time you expect to enter the house so we can leave the lights on for you and let the dog know that all is well and he does not need to bark 🙂
Do You Have Parking?
Street parking is available for a max of 2 hours from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and unlimited on weekends.
If you are planning to leave your car behind while you go to work, I can purchase a Visitor’s Parking Permit for you from the City of Ottawa that will allow you to keep your car on the street all day:
* Note that in winter, if a parking ban is in place for snow removal, you may park for free at any city of Ottawa garage.
I have to apply for the permit on your behalf and must bring:
- A copy of your vehicle registration
- A copy of your driver’s license
I’ll need to do this between Monday and Friday before you arrive so please email me your documents in advance (give me a week or two to do the legwork).
The fees are non refundable. Let me know whether you would like two weeks or a month and I will send a request through the Airbnb Resolution Centre.
My Flight is Not Until 5pm - Can I Checkout Later?
There are a few options available:
- if you are headed downtown to do the tourist thing on your last day in Ottawa, you might wish to make use of Customer Service on the top floor of the Rideau Centre – I am not sure how large their storage space is but they have a nominal charge of $2 the last I heard.
- Also downtown, the bus station has storage lockers available for $3/item for the first 24 hours. A surcharge of $3 applies to oversized items. Note: Storage is apparently for passengers only and proof of travel may be requested.
- Both the airport and train station have storage available for customers only
Alternatively if you prefer to keep your bags at Dar’s Inn, we can arrange that for an additional fee of $15. Note that your code for the door expires at check-out time so this option can only work if we will be home to let you in.
Do You Provide an Iron? Blow dryer?
Absolutely! There is an iron in each of the two bedrooms and a blowdryer in the dresser between the two bedrooms. For more details on what amenities are provided during your stay, visit our Amenities page.